Wednesday 22 February 2012

Columbus Needed Some More Star Power...So Here It Is

I have to be completely honest, I don't really get the green fly in the civil war get up that the bluejackets used to use as their logo, however, I always thought it looked pretty cool, at least in comparison to the CBJ logo that they had on their jerseys.  But the never used the fly guy on their jerseys front row centre so I decided that I was going to seek justice for the little guy.
As you can see, to no surprise, I've used the fly guy logo as the primary logo on the jersey.  I've then decided to make the blue jackets even more patriotic then before by adding stars all along the sleeves and across the bottom of the logo, I think it turned out pretty sweet.  Although I played around with a couple of different colour schemes and couldn't decide which one looked better so I've added both the blue and red as well as a blue black and red version that is similar to their 3rd jerseys back in the early 2000s.

Blue and Red


Blue, Black, and Red



Original Concept From 2003: