Monday 9 April 2012

The End of the Passive Penguin

The first thing you'll notice with my Penguins jersey is the new design on the jersey itself.  I can't say I remember what I was thinking when I made the design back in 2004, but I improved it and personally, I think it looks pretty sweet.

What you might not notice at first glance is that I've changed the logo.  The first thing I've done is, change the direction the penguin is facing, usually he is facing the left but I've got him facing the right.  Secondly, and this is the focus of the new logo, is that I've got him taking a slap shot.  What I'm trying to do is make the penguin a little more intimidating instead of just skating around with his stick on the ice.  It may not be a huge difference but for me, I think it makes the logo a lot more awesome, just saying:


Slap Shot Penguin Logo:


Original Concept From 2004: