Friday 11 May 2012

Creating a Canadian Identity: Part 1

Where was I 4 years ago when it was announced that Team Canada would not be allowed to wear their jerseys they've been wearing for 15+ years at the 2010 Olympics because It was promoting Hockey Canada which apparently isn't allowed, who knew.  That being said Team Canada was looking for a new logo to represent and it looks pretty sweet.

But If I had have come up with this logo 4 years ago when they were looking for a new logo maybe they'd be wearing sporting my sweet logos instead, needless to say, I'm pretty pumped about how they turned out.

In true Tweedle fashion I have tried my very best to incorporate the history and essence of what Team Canada is all about.

The Primary logo combines elements of a number of logos Canada has used in the past;


NEW Primary Logo:


I've also made versions for both the home and away jerseys:

Home:

Away:


I'm also working on 2 more logos that are a mash-up of the current Hockey Canada logo, 2010 Olympic logo, and the 88-95 Hockey Canada logo.  Check out Chris Creamer's sports logo's website to see all the logos I've used in this new one: http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?id=1646

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MAKING 5 DIFFERENT TEAM CANADA JERSEYS, I'll be posting them next week, be sure to come back and check them out.