Sunday 15 July 2012

Rebrand Series: Calgary Flames

While I posted a Flames jersey not too long ago, I went back to the drawing board.  I kept thinking to myself, there has got to be something cool I could do to make a new Flames logo.  I decided to take a page out of Tampa Bay's rebranding techniques, simple is good.  With that In mind I designed a logo that focuses on the more crucial part of Calgary's identity, the Flame.

With all of that in mind I took a swing at a new set of jerseys to go along with the new logo.  The jerseys that the Flames use now are pretty cool, but the black doesn't sit well with me, in my opinion it seems misplaced.  So, I took the black out and decided to keep with the retro colour scheme because, in my opinion the Orangey-Red, Yellow, and White is one of the best colour schemes in the league.  I kept the jersey design almost identical to the design it is now, but revamped the colour scheme, and took out the awkward black patch underneath the armpit.
What do you guys think?

New Flames Logo:


Calgary Flames Home Jerseys:


Calgary Flames Away Jerseys: