Thursday 30 August 2012

Rebrand Series: Bruins 3rds

It's been a while, too long.  life has been crazy, in a good way but I'm back and ready to go!

I'm jumping back into things with the Bruins 3rds I designed to go with the rebranded jerseys.  The design for the 3rds was inspired by the Ottawa Senators 3rds that were introduced this past year.  The barber pole stripes are a classic look, the Boston Bruins are a classic, original 6 team so where could anyone go wrong by combining the 2.  I know the brown is a bit of a stretch but back in the day the bruins rocked the bruin and I feel it gives it a little bit more of an authentic feel to the jersey.
The logo, I've used before with my first Bruins concept, it works, simple enough but also pays tribute to what the team is actually named after in the first place. What do you think?