Monday 28 January 2013

Rebrand Series: Rangers 3rds

As promised I've created a new alternate logo for the Rangers using the Liberty Torch.  When working on this logo I played around with a few different ideas; first off I left the torch by itself but I looked like something was missing, then I put a silhouette of the head of lady liberty but didn't get positive feedback on it, finally I put the modernized Rangers shield as the background and there you have it.
The jersey is a combination of 2 jerseys the Rangers have used in the past with a twist I've added on my own.  Most obviously, the bottom stripes are inspired by the home jerseys the Rangers currently use and have used since the beginning of time it seems like.  The arm stripes are a version of the stripes used on an alternate the Rangers used from 96-07, but I've switched the colours.  Finally, as inspired by the shield used in the logo, I've put a zigzag pattern on both sets of stripes to make it consistent with the jersey.  I've brought back the "classic" Rangers blue and red and although I'm not 100% sold on the jersey design, I can definitely see it growing on me.

New Rangers Alternate Logo:


New New York Rangers 3rd Jersey: