Monday 2 September 2013

Rebrand Series: Washington Capitals

The Capitals logo is cool, but I just think there is so much untapped potential with the eagle logo they have in their arsenal that isn't really being used.  As a result I have made it my mission to incorporate the eagle into almost every Capitals logo I've made.  My newest rendition includes the US Capitol (did you guys even know the bottom of the eagle is in the shape of the Capitol, MIND BLOWN) and of course I had to ad some stars and stripes to make it a little more American.
The jersey design itself comes from an All-Star jersey back from 1991-92.  Personally, I wouldn't have ever even known about these jerseys unless my boy Drake didn't represent one of them at the NHL All-Star game a few years ago in Ottawa.  When I was reminded of this jersey I knew I'd have to use them for one of my designs.  I've added another stripe to the bottom of the jersey to jazz it up a bit but other than that, this design need not any improvement.

New Capitals Logo:


New Washington Capitals Home Jersey:


New Washington Capitals Away Jersey: