Monday 27 February 2012

Re- SPAWN-ing an old look for the Oilers

Let me start this post by saying that The Oilers 3rd jersey from 2001-2007 was the COOLEST jersey ever!! when it first came out I thought it was the most awesome jersey of life, I still love it, in fact I have a Oilers 3rd Jersey with Mike York on the back....yes Mike York, please don't ask me why I have a Mike York jersey lol but I love the oilers 3rd from 2001!!!
Oh and for those of you who also don't know the logo used on that jersey was designed by the creator of Spawn, hence the post title.
Anyways when i created this design it was because I really wanted the Oilers to rebrand and use the 3rds as a primary jersey and my design as their away jerseys.  And to be honest I still think they should use that jersey combo, the retro jerseys are cool but come on, these ones are original, the retros had their glory days back in the 80s.
I took part of the shoulder logo from that 3rd jersey and made it the primary logo and kept it pretty simple for the jersey striping, hope you guys enjoy!


Original Concept From 2003;