Wednesday 29 February 2012

Working on Something BIG!

So the past 3 weeks I've been crazy swamped with school, work, but I came across a concept contest that I have been working feverishly on since that time.  It's taken so long to perfect my jersey design submission but I'm almost there.
The contest requires me to  pick a Canadian city, come up with an original team name, create a home and away jersey, and come up with an original logo.  The winner of the contest will get their jersey made and receive it as a prize, as nerdy as that sounds I would love to have a jersey I've designed myself.
First off a HUGE shout out to my friend Rodney for dealing with my perfectionism; as I've sent him at least 10 different drafts of logos and jersey concepts because I want to win the contest BAD!!! I'm playing for keeps!
That being said, I have spent dozens of hours trying to perfect these jerseys and I am getting really close to finishing them.
To give you guys a taste I'll reveal just a little bit about my submission.  I've decided to push for the province of Saskatchewan and have payed tribute to our country's involvement in the Battle at Vimy Ridge.  As you guys have probably already guesses the primary colour for for my team from Saskatchewan is green, but don't worry roughriders haters, thats as similar as the 2 teams get.

I'll be posting my jersey concepts and logos as soon as they are done, and you guys will be the first to see the SASKATOON BARRAGE...