Friday 4 January 2013

Rebrand Series: Chicago Blackhawks 3rds

This concept is more of an improvement of an old idea. For as long as I can remember the Blackhawks have had the same shoulder logo; the one with the 2 tomahawks crossed with a C in front of them.  Cool idea, poor execution in my opinion, to me it just feels as if a 5 year old drew this and the team thought hey why not.
The main focus of the new Blackhawks 3rds, is improving that logo.  As you can see all I've done is make that logo look a little bit more intimidating and less cartoony.
The jersey was tough, as with the rebranded home away jerseys I posted a couple of weeks ago.  The Blackhawks jerseys have changed little over the years and so, I decided to go with the same design as their actual home jerseys with the new logo on the chest.
I really like the logo and could definitely see it being used in place of the primary logo:

 New Blackhawks Alternate Logo:


New Chicago Blackhawks 3rd Jersey: