Friday 21 December 2012

Rebrand Series: Chicago Blackhawks

The Blackhawks have a very rich history, that being said I gotta say their logos could use a bit of an update.  I know many of you will disagree as time and again the Blackhawks logo is rated as one of the best, but I gotta say I'm not a huge fan.
With that it mind, the 3rd jersey that the Blackhawks just recently retired is one of my favourites of all time.  As a result I've decided to take that jersey design as the basis of this rebrand and spruce it up with some flare and a new logo.
The jersey itself is indeed very similar to the actual 3rds the Blackhawks were wearing a couple of years ago, but I've taken the liberty to add some new elements. I've added faint tomahawks and feathers within the beige portions (black portions on the away jersey) which, as seen on my rebranded Red Wings jerseys, looks pretty sweet!
The logo itself is a tribute to the logo dawned on the jersey my concept is based on, with the Blackhawks text encircling a new logo.  Inside I've placed a 3 feathered headdress sitting behind a pair of tomahawks which I think pays tribute to the teams nickname without being slightly offensive, hopefully.
I experimented making the away version beige, but it just looked tacky so I stuck with the white, enjoy:

New Blackhawks logo:


New Chicago Blackhawks Home Jersey:


New Chicago Blackhawks Away Jersey: