Saturday 4 May 2013

Rebrand Series: Blue Jackets 3rds

Yes, they are named the Blue Jackets but the Blue 3rd jersey that they use right now just doesn't really fit in with the rest of the identity of the team.  Therefore I have stepped out of the box on this one and decided to make a red Blue Jackets jersey.
I wanted to give the jersey a rustic, vintage feel and the old school striping successfully does this I think.  You may also notice that I have used something very similar to their current 3rd jersey logo, but the focal point of this logo is not a cannon.  Instead I've used the civil war cap in the middle of the 3rd logo crest and changed the colour scheme of that crest to eliminated the powder blue from the mix.
Although it's red I think this look works really well for the Blue Jackets:

New Blue Jackets Alternate Logo:


New Columbus Blue Jackets 3rd Jersey: