Sunday 19 May 2013

Rebrand Series: Islanders 3rds

As I've mentioned before, although the Islanders went through an awkward era (the fisherman logo) there was some good that came of it.  The fact that during that time they also used a logo with a lighthouse on it was a bright spot in a dark place.
That lighthouse is the focal point of my 3rd jersey for the Islanders.  It is a simplistic look, much like the Lightning have done when the rebranded; I've taken an "icon" from the team's history/the essence of what the team is all about and made a very simple, yet aesthetically pleasing look for them.
From there I took the jerseys the Islanders currently wear and put all of the lines and stripes on a slant to continue with the consistency of the jersey and the logo.  Finally, I've given the Islanders their retro blue back because it is a good look, although I think the Navy is a more solid primary look for them.

New Islanders Alternate Logo:


New New York Islanders 3rd Jersey: