Friday 23 November 2012

Rebrand Series: Los Angeles Kings

Well, you might have thought that after posting a winter classic concept for the the Wings naturally, I'd turn to their counterpart and post a Maple Leafs concept....but they aren't ready yet.

Instead, The Los Angeles Kings have been in the limelight since their EPIC stanley cup run and I hope I can do them justice with this new set of jerseys.
I know they are very unconventional and very unique but I'm hoping they grow on you as much they have on me.  They rational behind the jerseys goes back to the logo the Kings wore in the Wayne Gretzky era.  If you look closely at the logo you will see that the KINGS text has those "movement" lines streaking from them, so I incorporated those lines into the jerseys.  I also took the silhouette of that logo and used it as a source for these streaking lines.  Finally, I spent many hours contemplating between vertical or horizontal lines on the sleeves but when it was all said and done I thought it looks best with one of each.
The logo is simply a updated colour palette of the primary logo the Kings used from 1967-1988.  I promise I'm working on a logo of my own for their 3rds, should be good.
Again, very out of the ordinary, and very unconventional but I hope you like it:

New Kings Logo:


New Los Angeles Kings Home Jerseys:


New Los Angeles Kings Away Jerseys: