Saturday 17 November 2012

Rebrand Series: Red Wings 3rds

Well this would have been perfect had the NHL lockout not happened and the winter classic canceled.  When the Red Wings announced they'd be hosting the winter classic I knew I had to make a concept for the occasion, I didn't know it would take this long and be irrelevant when I posted it.
From my understanding, the jerseys the Wings were going to wear for the 2013 winter classic a retro jersey the Wings wore in 1992.  What I've done is take that design and switch the white and red to make it a "home" version of the retro look.  I've also caved and went with recent trends by using the beige instead of the white to give the jersey a more rustic, authentic look.
The logo also needed to look classic, so I encircled my updated logo and jazzed up the circle but putting DETROIT RED WINGS around it and added the D from the cougars jerseys they wore in the winter classic against the Blackhawks and I believe I achieved a very classic look with it.

Red Wings Winter Classic Logo:


New Detroit Red Wings Winter Classic Jerseys: