Friday 26 April 2013

Rebrand Series: Columbus Blue Jackets

When I first thought up this Rebrand idea the Blue Jackets were one of the first teams I had logo ideas for.  I while back I created a version of the logo posted with this concept but after months of holding off on revealing it to you I noticed that it looked kind of sloppy.  Over the last few weeks I've been making small, subtle tweaks to clean it up and bring it up to par with the standard I have set for myself.
The Cannon, a great idea, the jersey and logo design that the Cannon currently rests on, not so much.  The blue, powder blue and beige jersey set the Blue Jackets currently use as their 3rds just doesn't work in my opinion.  That being said there are elements that I've kept in this re-invisioning of incorporating the Cannon into my Rebranded Blue Jackets concept.
I've taken the Cannon, added the Ohio flag that they used on their 10th anniversary logo and placed it upon their current shoulder patch logo and created, what I think is a solid logo.
The jerseys themselves are not a radical change from what we know the Blue Jackets for as well but I think I have improved the design.  Taking the Patriotic colour scheme and obvious homage the team is paying to the State's historical significance I've created a striping pattern that is supposed to draw an obvious resemblance to the Ohio State flag.  I really like the way the Blue Jackets use the stripes going across the sleeves of their current jerseys, So I kept them, to make it uniquely Columbus.

New Blue Jackets Logo:


New Columbus Blue Jackets Home Jersey:


New Columbus Blue Jackets Away Jersey: