Sunday 15 December 2013

Rebrand Series: St. Louis Blues

At long last I've finally reached the end of this massive project I call the Rebrand series! The final instalments of the Rebrand series focuses on the St. Louis Blues.
The logo kind of came about randomly; I was playing around with the wing part of the Blues logo and decided to give it the same treatment I gave the Red Wings logo by mirroring one side and seeing what it looked like.  I can't fully explain what it's supposed to be, but I think it looks pretty awesome! I then used the circle the Blues use in their 3rd jersey logo.
When I was redesigning the jersey I knew I wanted to somehow incorporate the famous arches somehow and for a long time it just seemed tacky and out of place.  Finally I figured out how to subtly include the arches and still keep the St. Louis feel to the rest of the jersey, and the result was this beauty:

New Blues Logo:


New St. Louis Blues Home Jersey:


New St. Louis Blues Away Jersey: