Thursday 12 January 2012

My First Blog

I love hockey, always have, always will. And for those of you who know me, hockey jerseys have always intrigued me. If I could, I would buy every NHL jersey known to man and then some. But my obsession has grown into something more, having jerseys isn't enough, I want to create them too.


It all started in grade 11 math class. My friend Jeff and I somehow got into talking about how cool it would be to design our own NHL jerseys and then sell the designs to the league and become millionaires, all while not learning the quadratic formula. I began to research, design and draw new jerseys for each NHL team, a collection which I just recently rediscovered a couple of weeks ago. Flipping through my drawings I discovered that a handful of my designs are VERY similar to jerseys teams are using now, drawings that I made in 2003, years before these jerseys were used by NHL teams, NO BIG DEAL! I can't take all the credit though, a big shout out to Jeff Uhlman, because we were both designing jerseys when we were supposed to be doing math problems.


But beyond that I had a ton of fun drawing these designs and creating new ideas to make these jerseys come to life. More recently I have been able to feed my addiction through creating teams in the EA Sports NHL series, as well as following an amazing jersey blog site "Icethetics" (check it out, its phenomenal). All of this has led to this blog; Got a new mac about a month ago and now have photoshop, 30 jersey designs, and many more new ideas that I want to share with the world, or at least my friends.

I'm hoping the learning curve is quick working with photoshop so hopefully my first few concepts aren't too amateur looking.

Enjoy!

Tweedle