Monday 23 July 2012

Rebrand Series: Carolina Hurricanes

While I posted a couple of new Hurricanes jerseys a few weeks ago I did the same as I did with the flames jerseys, rethought the design and created a brand new Canes identity.  Very much like the Flames design I have created a lightning inspired logo for the Hurricanes to rock.
If you have a keen eye for detail you will notice that the flag is very similar to the flag used on the Hurricanes current 3rd jersey but different enough to make it unique.  more importantly, the circle engulfing the flag is actually the outer portion of the Hurricanes current primary logo.  Not to pat myself on the back or anything but I love this logo!
The jersey design itself was inspired by the Hurricanes current word mark. , if you look closely the effect behind the text looks very similar to the stripes on the across the jersey, just another little detail I pay close attention to, to make every jersey I design as unique as possible.
Although The canes have always used Red as their primary colour I think the red accent really makes the design pop out more effectively.

New Hurricanes Logo:


Carolina Hurricanes Home Jersey:


Carolina Hurricanes Away Jersey: