Saturday 13 April 2013

Rebrand Series: Florida Panthers

Way back when I started this rebrand project one for the first logos I came up with was this one for the Florida Panthers, I knew I wanted to create something that would strike fear into the hearts and minds of their opponents and I knew I'd be stepping out of the box of conventionality on this one.  The problem was for a very, very long time I could come up with a jersey to match my vision, everything seemed to just fall short.
A few weeks ago I took another crack at the jersey design and then it dawned on me; use the current jersey design to inspire a new, more intimidating look for the Panthers. With that in mind, I took all the stripes and jersey elements from the Panthers current home and away jerseys and turned them into a playground of scratch makes.  Although unconventional, who says every team has to have a jersey that fits into a cookie cutter design and completely turn their backs on the uniqueness that each team and team culture that they have when creating a new identity.

New Panthers Logo:


New Florida Panthers Home Jersey:


New Florida Panthers Away Jersey: