Monday 30 January 2012

RIP: Atlanta Thrashers

I'm hoping the wounds have healed for anyone who was or is a Thrashers fan, wait who am I kidding I'm a Canadian and everyone I know was super stoked that the Jets came back to Winnipeg, but thats a different post all together.

Back in 2004 when I designed this jersey the Thrashers still existed so it was relevant at some point.  As you can see the design is very similar to the 3rds the thrashers used back in 2003 and then turned them into their primary jerseys shortly after that.  BUT, it is different, first off the text spelling "ATLANTA" is on the opposite are, 2nd the logo in the middle is different.  Also the striping with the arrows is much different on the bottom as I've tried to bring it to life by angling and layering the pattern, as well I've added the arrow striping onto the other arm.  Although it is still very similar to the actual jersey I still really like it and tried as best I could to make it different enough.


A Shout out goes to my buddy Jeff who was my partner in crime when I started making these jersey concepts back in 2003.  He sent me an email a few weeks back and turns out we had actually made the Thrashers jersey Orange, so here's how it was supposed to look....BLUE LOOKS BETTER!


Original Concept from 2004: