Friday 3 February 2012

Return of the Winnipeg Jets

After posting the Thrashers Jerseys on Monday I just had to make a Jets jersey to follow it up.  When I heard that the Thrashers were moving to Winnipeg I was perhaps one of the most excited people in the world, I was like a kid in the candy store!  I literally checked every single day for any updates on what they'd be called and then what their jerseys would look like, let's just say it was a long summer.
You guys may have seen a version before, originally it was the Ottawa RCAF Flyers jerseys back when they won the gold medal in 1948.  The manitoba moose wore the RCAF jerseys a few years back and after all the hype about the jets logo paying tribute to the Canadian Air Force I just had to make these jerseys.  Yes, the new jets logo looks very similar to the Canadian Air Force insignia, so I decided to pay the ultimate tribute to the Canadian Air Force by putting the jets logo on the RCAF flyers jerseys.  I've also added the modern shoulder logo to give it a little more jets flavour.  Don't worry the next Jets jersey I make will be much more creative.  Hope you guys like this one though.