Thursday 19 January 2012

What exactly is a Bruin?

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, oh wait, nope scratch that... Back in the day, or at least it seems like back in the day, the Boston Bruins had a yellow 3rd jersey sporting a gentle looking bear on the front, intimidating I know right?!  In 2004 when I originally made this concept I decided that the Bruin on the front of the jersey needed to look meaner, strike fear into the eyes of their opponents not make them want to take them home and snuggle up nice and close to it on a cold winter's day.  Back when I made this jersey (8 years ago) I found this really angry looking bear and drew it on the original concept as you can see, when I re-created this jersey I couldn't find that image anywhere on google, I mean come on eh?!  Needless to say I found a new logo that still looks pretty awesome and added some unique features to the jersey.  At the bottom I simplified the original 3rds the Bruins used into what I would argue looks like a bear paw/claw print, at least I hope thats what it looks like.  I then added some slash marks to add some character to the jersey and overall I must same I am very pleased at how it turned out.


2004 Original Concept: