Friday 20 January 2012

You be the Judge: Islanders Jersey

DISCLAIMER: All (with the exception of the rebranded ducks and capitals 3rds) of my jersey concepts thus far were originally created 8 years ago, and as I'm taking a look back I'm thinking about some of them "What was I thinking?!", and this Islanders jersey is one of them.  I am not claiming that these jerseys are all amazing and I'm still up in the air about this one

At the time I created this jersey the Islanders had JUST got rid of their ridiculous fisherman logo and went back to the old school NY logo.  At the very least I decided that instead of the fisherman the Islanders could use the shoulder patch that was on those jerseys, a lighthouse.  At least the lighthouse doesn't look at random as a fisherman, I mean if you stretch it out a bit, when you think of an island you would think of a lighthouse before you thought of a fisherman.

I've also made the striping wavy to give it that islandy feel and to pay homage to those ridiculous fisherman jerseys that sported a similar, but not as polished wave design.



Original 2003 Concept: