Friday 20 April 2012

Flashes of Genius...Flashes of Lightning

I take pride in the designs I make, and I'd like to think that I do a pretty good job too.  And I've got to say, this new Tampa Bay lighting jersey is one of the best I've done and there is ALOT going on in it.  First off, and most obviously the lightning bolts on the sleeves are freaking AWESOME!!!!! my original drawing from 2003 looked pretty bland so I decided to bring it to life, and I think it worked.  You'll also notice the lightning stripe on the bottom of the jersey which completes the look for sure.
Finally, and this one is a bit more subtle, if you look closely, you'll notice I've created a new logo for the lightning.  I've combined many different elements of past lightning logos to create this, what I think, i a pretty sick logo....3rd jersey's anyone?


Closer Look at the New Logo:



Original Concept From 2003: