Saturday 22 June 2013

Rebrand Series: Philadelphia Flyers

The Flyers have got something going for them that no other team in the NHL has...ORANGE.  The bright orange looks incredible on the Flyers jersey and I wanted to make sure that I didn't want to take anything away from this rare colour.  With that in mind I had a difficult time designing a jersey that did this, which is why the Flyers is one of the last jerseys I've posted in my rebrand series.
I tried a bunch of different ideas; some unique and others were just variations of things that have done before but nothing seemed to be working.  That's when I realized, I had to simplify the look to give the orange the look it deserved.
The logo was pretty easy to decide on.  With how awesome my Red Wings logo turned out I figured I'd try the same thing with it's winged counterpart, the Flyers logo.  With that in mind I angled the two sides slightly because it looks awkward when no angled, and most notably, I've added the liberty bell, perhaps the most famous landmark in Philly.  finding a good picture of the liberty bell turned out to be more difficult than I thought so I've used the Philadelphia Phillies logo and changed it to Flyers orange, and I gotta say, I'm liking the way it turned out.

New Flyers Logo:


New Philadelphia Flyers Home Jersey:


New Philadelphia Flyers Away Jersey: