Friday 28 June 2013

Rebrand Series: Flyers 3rds

I can't remember the last time I actually posted a concept on a Friday morning like I've said I would, wow feels good to be back on top of the ball with this stuff, thanks for your patience.
Numerous times throughout their recent history, the Flyers have attempted to use a black jersey in their rotation.  I haven't been opposed to these jersey but they haven't been the best, which is why I think they keep getting rid of them.  That being said I've taken my theory of simplicity that I applied to the Flyers home and away set I posted last week and directly applied it to a black 3rd jersey.  In fact, the 3rd jersey is exactly the same design as the home and away set but with black as the primary colour and orange as the accent.  Clean, simple, and loving the orange accent, I think it works.
Because I used the same jersey design I did want to treat you guys to some sort of alternate logo.  And while I was hesitant to remove the liberty bell from my new Flyers logo when I did, I was pleasantly surprised at how the doubled sided Flyers logo looked.  And so here it is, enjoy:

New Flyers Alternate Logo:


New Philadelphia Flyers 3rd Jersey: