Friday 2 August 2013

Rebrand Series: Coyotes 3rds

As promised I have come up with a new idea for the Coyotes.  And yes, it is another blending of eras; let's start with the logo.
To make this logo I've taken 3 logos that the Yotes have used in their past and blended them all together to pay homeage to the history of this team.  In the foreground I've taken the original Coyote head logo back from the late 90s and updated the colour scheme.  Then, I've encircled this logo with one that the Coyotes currently have in their arsenal minus the giant paw in the middle.  And just to add a little more depth I've taken the state of Arizona logo thats used as a shoulder patch and faintly put it in the background.
The jersey design itself is yet another shout out to the past.  In fact I've taken the Coyotes original home/away jersey and updated it to fit the modern look they rep now.  I'm not quite sure what 8-bit original Nintendo pattern is supposed to be but hey, it's all good!

New Coyotes Alternate Logo:


New Phoenix Coyotes 3rd Jersey: