Friday 9 March 2012

The WILD West: Seriously, This Jersey is Wild!

Let me reiterate the fact that I don't claim to think all of my jersey designs back from 2003 are amazing, in fact this one is quite "unique" and I don't even really think I like it that much.  Although I made an updated version of it without a key element and it looks much better but I have to show you both designs so you can see the difference.
As you can see I've taken the trees from within the Wild logo and put them at the bottom of the jersey creating a Phoenix Coyotes like "Mural Jersey" although the trees look pretty cool I think.  Then I've taken the text "WILD" and put the outline on both sleeves to add some more character to the jersey.  Finally you will notice an awkward triangle-ly striping thing at the top that I don't really like.  It makes the jersey look like it has a cape, weird, so I took it out of the 2nd design and I think the jersey looks way better without it.
 One thing I really DO like is the black, WILD logo and when I start making new designs for each team I think I will be bringing this bad boy back!  Enjoy, or, throw up, which ever one comes first after seeing these jerseys:

Design With "Cape Stripes"


Updated Design Without "Cape Stripes"


Original Concept From 2003: